Viet Page is a publishing division of TT Meridian Limited.
- SCOPE AND CONTACT
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to browse our websites.
However, if you wish to register on our websites, subscribe to a service, book places at events, request further information, contact us, complete any surveys, enter competitions, or provide content for inclusion on our websites (e.g. blogs or other online forums) we will collect certain data, including personal data. The data we will collect may include:
- title, name, address, business phone number(s), email address and gender;
- employment details, such as your current role and responsibilities, experience, seniority, salary and education ;
- information about your organisation and the industry that you work in;
- areas of interest which you have notified us about, as well as what we can assume from your engagement with our products and services;
- your CV;
- your marketing preferences;
- your newsletter preferences;
- your job alert preferences;
- any data recoverable from social networking sites, where permission from you has been obtained; and
- any other information that you submit to us.
We may receive the above information directly from you, or from your colleague or corporate contact who registers for a subscription or event on your behalf.
Please note that not all of the information we request is mandatory to provide you with the service. You are not required to provide any optional information.
If you respond to surveys, unless we inform you otherwise, your answers will be aggregated and anonymized for research and analysis purposes. However, if you choose to provide any information in your response to a survey which identifies you (e.g. name, job title), we may be able to identify you from this. If you choose to submit your email address to enter into any prize associated with the survey, this will be used to administer the prize only and will not be linked to your survey responses.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about any website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information about the pages of our websites which you visit, the links you click on, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our websites. Some of this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you, but we also use analytics software on our websites which allows us to link information about your use of our websites back to you, where you have logged into your account. .We may observe your use of our websites, whether you open emails we have sent to you and/or events that you attend and your activities at those events (such as the exhibitors you interact with). We may infer and derive certain information from these observations such as what additional brands, subscriptions and events you or a user similar to you may be interested in. This information will be used for our own internal and marketing purposes.
- HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED AND SHARED?
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- provide the products and services you have ordered or signed-up to;
- register you for events and administer those events;
- notify you of key information in relation to your subscription or any events you are attending;
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card amount (where payments are required);
- administer our websites (such as access controls) and provide customer services;
- aggregate information about you with other users to better understand what services our users will be interested in;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- gather information to form statistical and trend analysis including to monitor user demographic and to improve our products, services, events and marketing practices;
- monitor your use of our products and services and attendance at events and to build up customer profiles (including through use of analytics software) to help us identify content and marketing materials which will be of interest to you and other customers like you;
- communicate with you including responding to your enquiries;
- investigate any complaints about our websites, products, servicesor events;
- personalise your experience of our website, products, services and events, for example, by displaying targeted advertising and content which we believe likely to be relevant and of interest to you (please see below for further details); and
- contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you (where we have the appropriate permissions to do so; please see Paragraph 5 for more information).
We may share your personal information with our affiliate companies and their brands for the above purposes, including where a brand that you have subscribed to is managed or partly managed by one of our group companies.
Where you are attending an event organised by us and, where you have provided your consent for us to do so (or we have informed you that we are relying on some other legal basis to share this information) , we may share your name, job title and company with the other attendees of the event (including making this information available via the event app, on social media sites and/or in our event guide).
Where you register to attend certain seminars or presentations at our events hosted by a third party, we may share your registration information with such third party andwe will share your registration information with the sponsors of our events.
Where you indicate that you want us to share your details with exhibitors at events (for example, by scanning your event badge at an exhibitor’s stand) we share your information with those exhibitors.
Where you apply for a job via one of our websites we share your application with the recruiter/employer advertising that job.Where you indicate that you are happy for your CV and contact details to be made available to all other recruiters who have signed up to use our job websites, we share that information with them. If you no longer want to make your CV and contact details available to all recruiters you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or edit your account settings, but please note that recruiters who have already being given access to your CV prior to you changing your preferences may still contact you.
Where your subscription to our service is a part of a wider corporate subscription (i.e. your employer obtains a subscription for all of its employees) we may share information about your use of the service with your employer.
We may share your regsitration informationincluding name, job title and contact details with other third parties for marketing purposes, where you have provided consen for us to do so.
We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and the operation of events. In some cases the third party may receive your personal data. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your personal data and we will endeavour to ensure that our service providers are bound by contractual obligations to only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends and gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may pass this information to third parties. In most cases this information will be anonmyised, meaning that you will not be able to be identified from it.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
- SALE OF THE BUSINESS
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
- GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
Our processing of your personal data will be where: (i) it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you; (ii) where you have provided your consent; (iii) it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligation that we are under; or (iv) it is in our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests and such interests do not prejudice your rights or freedoms. Our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests will include:
- to gather information for statistical and trend analysis including to monitor user demographic so we can better understand those that use our products and services and improve such products and services and marketing practices; to provide employers who hold a corporate subscription with information about how their subscribers are using our services;
- to monitor use of our products and services and build up customer profiles (including through use of analytics software) to help identify content and marketing materials which will be of interest to you (save where you have opted-out);
- to monitor attendance at events to better understand how best to run future events;
- to monitor interactions at events (including tracking which exhibition stands attendees visit during events) to improve our events in the future;
- where we require you to submit information about your role when registering for our service so that we can ensure that our content and events are also appropriately targeted;
- where we share your information with sponsors of eventsthat you attend to allow us to obtain the most appropriate sponsor for the events and to facilitate business-to-business communication during and after our events;
- where we share your information with sponsors of reports that you download and webinars to allow us to obtain the most appropriate sponsor for such reports and webinars and to facilitate business-to-business communication between you and that sponsor, unless you chose not to have your information shared;
- where we send you business-to-business marketing about products, services and events of the brand with whose website or event you have registered, and of other brands within our business, and in which we think you may be interested, unless you tell us you do not want to receive such marketing;where we rely on legitimate interests as the condition for processing this data (in which case we will tell you), where we share your information with other attendees of an event to facilitate business-to-business communication between you and that attendee.
- where we research individuals for the purposes of including their details in our publications or products or for marketing to you (inless you have opted out of receiving this)
- where will publish news and content containing personal data within our publications, products and content.
- FRAUD PREVENTION AND AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
If you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud as well as to process any transaction you attempt via our websites. Any decision to deny you services based on the validity of your card details will be made by automated decisions. If you are denied a service because of this automated decision-making you are entitled to request us to further investigate. Please contact us at email@example.com you have been denied access to a service based on your card details being declared invalid and you consider this to be in error. It may also be that you will need to contact your bank / payment provider.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- checking details in applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt;
- checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
- TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA
We may transfer some of your personal information to the United States of America to Singapore and to Australia as we have affiliates in these jurisdictions. We may also transfer some of your personal information to countries in which we hold events, including the United States of America, Spain, the Netherlands and Hong Kong. In addition, we and service providers processing personal data on our behalf, transfer personal data to servers outside the EEA including in the Untied States of America and India or storage purposes. These countries may not have equivalent data protection legislation to the UK. However, when we transfer your personal information in this way we will endeavour to ensure that adequate measures are in place to keep your personal data secure, including via standard contractual clauses and Privacy Shield. .
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Where we have told you that we will do so – such as during the registration process to our websites/website services and events (as applicable) – we may from time to time contact you by email, SMS, telephone or post about our products and services (including from all our brands) that may be of interest to you.
If at any point, you would like to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications from us, or would like to change the channels that we use to contact you, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive, or email us, stating your preferences, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right of access to your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive your personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means (including profiling for the purposes of marketing);
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com. In order to protect you, we reserve the right to verify your identity before processing any such request.
If you are unsure about your rights or are concerned about how your personal data may be processed you should contact your national data protection regulator. In the UK this will be the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you contact us in relation to your rights we will do our best to accommodate your request or objection. Please note, however, that not all rights are absolute.
- UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Often, where you have signed up for an online account on one of our websites you can also amend you details via that online account.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
As a reminder, if you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.